How does a pandemic, economic crisis and psychological meltdown define the housing hustle and bustle this summer?
- Approximately half of the offers that home buyers have placed on homes were in a multiple offer situation in the past 3 months
- Interest rates are low and may be under 3% for some qualified buyers
- Buyers are exiting cities and dense areas in record numbers In search of space and privacy
- Work at home and outdoor space is trending as a must have for buyers
- There is a serious housing shortage in the US.
- Millenniums are the biggest generation in US history with 40% of home purchases in 2019
- Inventory is most markets is at an all time low!
What does this all mean? We are having a crazy busy summer and despite covid, real estate has rebounded. Here are some things that are good to know:
BUYERS – One fact about multiple offer situations is that you must have a realtor who can respond quickly, develop strategy, and play the multiple offer game with confidence. Diligence and careful follow up is critical. Know who is representing you and discuss all the what ifs and what nexts upfront.
SELLERS – If you are in an area that is a sellers market, under 3 months of inventory, do hire an expert who can price strategically, negotiate tactically, follow through diligently and has the resources to handle whatever is necessary.