wing·man ˈwiNGˌman,ˈwiNGmən/ noun – a person who helps, guides or supports another…
My first blog of the new year is dedicated to all the hardworking, dedicated, fulltime Realtors who are truly concerned about people and always put their clients best interest above all else! Raise the bar and shine!
New York State has about 52,000 Realtors to choose from when consumers look for that “wingman” to get it right, represent them with the highest standards. Not all real estate agents are Realtors and there is a difference. Realtors have a higher standard and abide by a code of ethics. They have legal and ethical responsibilities. It is law (Article 12-A Real Property Law Section 443) in NYS that a Realtor is required to provide reasonable care, undivided loyalty, confidentiality, full disclosure, obedience and duty to account. Know what to expect!
In addition here are some details that are a MUST!
- A needs/wants consultation
- A referral to a lender and loan officer for financing
- A list of resources for all the other things (inspector, attorney, insurance, title etc)
- An education about how the real estate transaction process works
- Detailed explanation about each step
- Follow up during the process so you will know what happens next
- Timely responsiveness (especially for 1st time buyers)
- Due diligence (a trip to town hall to verify all info for buyers and sellers)
- Value assurance (is what I am buying a good value)
- Market trend assessment (what’s happening in my area of interest)
- Options (Preferences: area, price, purchase/rent, sell/rent, invest/hold/flip)
Ask your Realtor ???
- What should you expect
- Are you a team or do you fly solo
- Who are your team members and their roles
- What type of technology do you use
- Do you use social media
- Who handles your transaction management and will I be involved
- What form of communication is used
- How often will you communicate
- How will I search for homes that meet my needs
- Do you have references
- What are your negotiation skills
- Where can I find your reviews
- What does being a Realtor mean to you
- What are your office stats
- How long have they been in the business
- Are you a dedicated full time agent
- Are you a dual agent
- What is your specialty
- What communities do you serve
- What is your marketing plan (for sellers)
- How large is your digital footprint (for sellers)
Need to know more about the process? Have questions about anything here? Café Realty has over 100 years of combined experience ready to answer all your questions so that you are presented with options to make an informed decision on representation and the real estate process.
We are real estate advocates committed to the people in the communities we serve.
We strive to be the best professionals our areas have to offer by delivering the finest possible service and care to our clients in the sale, purchase, or lease of real estate.
We cooperate and collaborate with other business professionals in a productive, courteous, and ethical manner that furthers the objectives and promotes the high standards of the Realtor Code of Ethics.
Café Realty was founded in 2013 for the purpose of real estate sales, marketing, consulting and valuation services.
at the office 914.666.7792
by email Connect@CafeRealtyNY.com
on the web www.Cafe.Realtor
find us on social media GOOGLE Cafe Realty
Leave a Reply