Dix & Doherty Appraisal Services - Resources
Elisa is pleased to share a resource directory of recommended local real estate vendors and service providers for your use.
To search: select a category from the dropdown, enter a name in the search box or select the letter the business starts with.
Dix & Doherty Appraisal Services
Appraisal Services for the purposes of:
Verbal Valuation: $40 per item
- Full on-sight inspection of your item(s) totaling twenty (20) or more. (For less than 20 items, they request one provide us digital photos of the items, which can be taken with one’s mobile device. They will provide guidelines for what is needed within the photographs. Should one not want or be able to provide their own photographs, they will make an on-site inspection of less than 20 items for a flat $100 fee.)
- Photographic documentation of your item(s) totaling twenty (20) or more.
- Verbal report via phone summarizing the valuation range, current market analysis, historical relevance, provenance, and any other pertinent information gathered with regard to the item(s) and/or artist.
Written Appraisal $65 per hour
- Full on-sight inspection of your item(s).
- Photographic documentation of your item(s).
- One physical and one digital copy of the appraisal report.
- The appraisal report will summarize the appraised value, current market analysis, historical relevance, provenance and any other pertinent information gathered with regard to the item(s) and/or artist.
- Appraisal Certification Form.
They prepare their written appraisals under the guidelines of USPAP, the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
An estimate for the total service costs is provided once they have received all necessary information. If the decision is made to pursue an appraisal or valuation of the object(s), they would next schedule the on-site inspection or give you the guidelines for providing your own photographs and, at that time, present you with a contract outlining our intended scope of work and an invoice for a retainer fee of 50% down, payment due at the time of the contract signing. They also request that, at the time of inspection or delivery of your photos, you provide any documentation, receipts or invoices related to the pieces (if available).